P3GP® Project, Programme & Portfolio Governance Professional
P3GP® certification is based on the TSO publication "Project, Programme and Portfolio Governance - P3G".
It's the only recognised qualification for project, programme and portfolio governance worldwide.
It certifies that a person has passed the examination which is based on the publication. P3GP® Certified candidates understand the principles of P3G and how they should be applied in practice.
We strongly believe that good governance practices are a key pillar of successful projects, programmes & portfolios and we hope that through this best practice certification course, our clients can increase their P3G maturity.
Meet Your Trainer
It is based upon the book "Project Programme and Portfolio Governance - P3G" published by the TSO.
It is applicable to projects, programmes and portfolios in all sectors including hard infrastructure, Information and Communications Technology (ICT), and business change in both the private and public sectors. The course mirrors the book in being practical, pragmatic and adaptable to all P3 scenarios. The purpose of this syllabus is to provide a basis for accreditation for those seeking to acquire the theoretical foundations and practical skills of P3G.
It documents the course content and describes the requirements a candidate is expected to fulfil to achieve the qualification. The target audience for this document is aspiring P3GP candidates and Authorised Training Partners/Authorised Training Organisations. This syllabus informs the design of the exam and provides the target audience with a breakdown of what the exam will assess.
ADVISORS is an official authorised partner of P3GQA (Project, Programme & Portfolio Governance Authority) the issuing body for the P3GP® Certification.
Delivered over 16 hours, either in-person (classroom), or live virtual instructor-led (VILT) Training
Content is currently available in English
- It allows organisations and practitioners to understand and use principles to address specific circumstances
- Improve and implement effective governance arrangements for an organisation's portfolio of projects and programmes.
- Provide training for those in the organisation currently working in project management and PMOs
- There are also numerous benefits to the organisation with employees taking the P3GP - Project Programme & Portfolio Governance Professional
- Gain insight into how portfolio governance should drive investment outcomes
- Explore the importance of the business case from a P3G perspective
- Understand how to effectively separate project decision-making and stakeholder management for a project or programme and why it should be done
- Learn about the accountabilities and major responsibilities of key governance roles
- Discover the importance and treatment of accountability and empowerment within P3G
- Understand how the theory and principles should be applied in practice
- Gain essential knowledge and understand the theory and key principles of P3G
“Whenever there is a major project or programme failure, the subsequent review inevitably highlights failings in governance...” ~Harvard Business Review
The candidate should understand the theory and key principles of P3G and how the theory and principles should be applied in practice. Specifically, the candidate should understand:
- The ways in which a governance framework can be scaled to meet the needs of projects and programmes of varying risk profile
- The main components of an investment gating process and how it operates
- How to ensure the decision rights of various committees and decision makers are consistent and logical
- The importance of the Business Case from a P3G perspective
- How to effectively separate project decision-making and stakeholder management and why
- The purpose and major responsibilities of key governance roles
- The importance and treatment of accountability and empowerment within P3G
- The different treatment of Change versus Business as Usual governance structures in an organisation
Project, Programme and Portfolio Governance (P3G)
Authors: Ross Garland and Adrian Morey
Publisher: TSO (The Stationery Office)
- It indicates how to establish an effective governance framework for a project, programme or entire portfolio. It is applicable to all sectors including hard infrastructure, Information and Communications Technology (ICT), and business change in both the public service and the private sector. It addresses traditional delivery methods as well as approaches such as agile and hybrid.
- It is a practitioner's guide and so takes a practical approach. The guide is principles-based thereby allowing organisations and practitioners the flexibility necessary to address their specific circumstances. The principles are grounded in logic and practice and the guide explains both how and why they are applied. They are scalable and so are applicable from the smallest to the largest initiatives. It explains the critical importance of accountability and how to ensure consistency of decision-making rights between the accountable roles. In doing so it addresses the integration of governance at all levels in the organisation.
- The purpose of this guide is to provide the knowledge and understanding necessary to design, implement and operate effective and efficient governance arrangements for an organisation's portfolio of projects and programmes.
You have the option to self-study and book your proctored P3GP Exam. Below you can purchase your P3G Project Programme & Portfolio Governance e-Book, your P3GP Exam or a bundle of both.
Who Should Attend
- PMO and P3O practitioners, including portfolio, programme and project office staff
- Members of the main board and their sub-committees, those responsible for governance across organizations and members of Executive Management Teams
- Executives accountable for project and programme outcomes, including project sponsors and senior responsible owners (SROs)
- Portfolio Management Executives and Officers
- Assurance professionals and capability assessors
- Proctored online
- 50 multiple-choice questions (2 points each)
- The passing mark is 50
- 90 minutes duration
Note: the certification does not have an expiry date, however, P3GQA reserves the right to mandate new exam content should a release of a new updated guidance alter the structure of the exam significantly.
Register Your Interest
You can email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be delighted to help. Alternatively, fill out the form below and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
If you are looking to train a team of people, we offer both Live Virtual and Onsite Classroom-based training solutions designed for your organization's specific needs.
You can speak to one of our experts now to discuss your corporate needs and for receiving an obligation-free quotation:
+966 (50) 105 6262 (WhatsApp or Call)
All associated logos are registered trademarks of their respective organization