Managing Benefits™ - Foundation
"2/3 of public sector projects are completed late, over budget or do not deliver the outcomes expected."
~National Audit Office
as it underpins the reason for change and why the investment was made in the first place.
Managing Benefits™ has been carefully designed to complement existing Best Practices in portfolio, programme and project management such as PRINCE2®, MSP® & MoP®.
This course provides participants with a thorough understanding of the Managing Benefits™ approach, providing the skills needed to confidently manage benefits realisation in line with the strategic aims of a business and its day-to-day running.
ADVISORS is an APMG International Accredited Training Organization (ATO) for Managing Benefits™ Foundation & Practitioner
Delivered over 16 hours, either in-person (classroom), or live virtual instructor-led (VILT) Training
Content is available in both English and Arabic
Managing Benefits™ Foundation exam is available in English
- Realise benefits to improve prospects in terms of investors, clients, revenue and efficiency levels regardless of professional discipline and type of organisation
- Ability to demonstrate more efficient and effective practices through better use of available resources. This enhances an organisation's ability to retain motivated and skilled change management staff and to attract investors
- Improve ROI from change initiatives as more benefits are realised and sustained for longer
- Enhanced confidence on the part of regulators and funding agencies - so helping ensure continued funding for change
- Have an organisation-wide understanding of the benefits a project or programme will produce and be able to measure when they are realised.
- Enhance professional competence through benefits management practices and techniques
- Ability to implement methods, including knowledge of management accountancy, behavioural finance, psychology, neuro-science and systems thinking
- Understand the seven principles upon which successful approaches to benefits management are built and applied to projects, programmes and portfolios. The guide provides a route map to adoption of more cost-effective techniques and practices
- Adept at forecasting realistic benefits to produce business cases which address business issues and objectives and provide a route to measure success
- Outline costs and benefits to drive business objectives.
“It is only possible to be
sure that change has worked if we can measure the delivery of benefits it is
supposed to bring.” ~Cabinet Office
Managing Benefits™ Foundation level aims to measure whether a candidate understands the benefits management principles, practices, techniques, roles, responsibilities, and documents, specifically to know and understand the:
- Definitions, scope and objectives of benefits management, barriers to its effective practice, and the key success characteristics
- Principles upon which successful approaches to benefits management are based
- Five practices contained within the Benefits Management Cycle and relevant techniques applicable to each practice
- Scope of key roles and responsibilities for benefits management and the typical contents of the main benefits management documentation
- Approaches to implementation and the factors to consider in sustaining progress.
will be taught using APMGs approved materials which provide examples
from a variety of industries and perspectives
virtual training, you will receive a digital copy of the course workbook set and
manual (A Guide to Managing Benefits - 2nd Edition)
exams and pre-course reading will ensure that you are both ready
for the first day of training as well as the exam.
- An overview of benefits management - what it is, the case for doing it, and some common misconceptions that can limit its effectiveness in practice
- Descriptions of the seven principles upon which successful approaches to benefits management are built, and examples of how they can be/have been applied in practice
- Guidance on how to apply benefits management at a portfolio level, as well as at an individual project or programme level
- Details of the five practices in the Benefits Management Cycle and examples of how they can be/have been applied in practice
- Advice on how to get started in implementing effective benefits management practices and sustain progress.
Who Should Attend
- Senior executives, including Change and Transformation Directors, responsible for delivering value for money from the organization's investments in change and achieving the organization's strategic objectives
- Senior Responsible Owners (SRO's)/Sponsors/Project Board Executives and project and programme management (PPM) and change management professionals responsible for delivering the change initiatives from which benefits are realized
- Portfolio managers and Portfolio Office staff responsible for managing the organization's portfolio of change initiatives - including optimizing the contribution to strategic objectives
- Business Case writers responsible for delivering reliable cases on which to base investment decisions
- Finance professionals and economists responsible for undertaking, or participating in, investment appraisal and portfolio prioritization reviews
- Business managers responsible for managing the operational functions by which, or within which, change initiatives are delivered and benefits are realized
- Change and Benefits Managers responsible for managing business change and benefits realization
Others with an interest in the successful delivery of change, including strategic planners, operational performance managers, internal and external auditors, procurement and commercial professionals.
- 40 minutes duration
- 25 marks or more required to pass (out of 50 available) - 50%
- 50 questions per paper
- Multiple choice format
- Take your exam online with ProctorU, or paper-based (through an authorised invigilator by ADVISORS).
- Training includes all required workbooks (digital copy for virtual training), and the Foundation Exam
- E-certificate will be provided in virtual training, and printed ones will be distributed in the classroom-based training. Please note that you will be provided with a digital copy of the official manual from your foundation training; you are welcome to purchase this from APMG
- Please note that there is preparatory work required prior to this course and evening homework during the course.
Register Your Interest
You can email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be delighted to help. Alternatively, fill out the form below and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
If you are looking to train a team of people, we offer both Live Virtual and Onsite Classroom-based training solutions designed for your organization's specific needs.
You can speak to one of our experts now to discuss your corporate needs and for receiving an obligation-free quotation:
+966 (50) 105 6262 (WhatsApp or Call)
APMG International Managing Benefits and the associated logos are registered trademarks of The APM Group Limited, used under permission of The APM Group Limited